Zest Education are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Food Technology Teacher to join a secondary school in the Redditch area. This is a full-time role, commencing in April 2024.
As a Food Technology Teacher, you will be responsible for delivering engaging and informative lessons to secondary school students. You will teach a range of topics including food preparation and cooking techniques, nutrition, and food safety. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of food technology and be able to effectively communicate this to students. You will have experience in planning and delivering lessons that cater to a range of abilities and learning styles. The successful candidate must have a good understanding of health and safety regulations and be able to enforce them in the classroom.
– Plan and deliver engaging and challenging lessons in food technology to students across KS3 and KS4.
– Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes students’ interests and curiosity in the subject.
– Design and implement lessons and activities that develop students’ practical skills and understanding of food technology concepts.
– Assess and evaluate students’ progress through regular assessments.
– Provide timely and constructive feedback to students to support their learning and achievement.
– Collaborate with colleagues to develop and share resources, best practices, and teaching strategies.
– Manage classrooms effectively to promote a safe and conducive learning environment.
– Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
– Establish and maintain effective communication and relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
– Experience teaching food technology across KS3 and KS4.
– Strong knowledge of the national curriculum and assessment requirements for food technology.
– Excellent subject knowledge and passion for food technology.
– Ability to inspire, motivate, and engage students in learning.
– Effective classroom management skills.
– Strong organisational and planning skills.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Commitment to ongoing professional development.
– Understanding of the importance of safety and hygiene in the food technology lab.
The school is part of a Multi Academy Trust, offering opportunities for professional development and career progression. They pride themselves on providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for both students and staff.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.