Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with social, emotional, and mental health needs? Zest Education is seeking dedicated Teaching Assistant to join a special educational needs school located in Shifnal.
Position: Teaching Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time/Part-time (Immediate start)
School Type: Independent Special Educational Needs School
Student Age Range: 5-19
The school provide a nurturing environment for students with special educational needs. The school offers small group settings and high academic aims ensure that each student receives the support they need to thrive and prepare for adult life. As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining respectful relationships with our students while promoting their overall well-being.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Experience supporting individuals with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) or similar experience in a care/support work setting is highly desirable.
– A genuine passion for working with students with social, emotional, and mental health needs.
– Strong collaboration skills to work effectively with teaching staff and other professionals in implementing support strategies.
– Provide high quality learning and emotional support to students throughout the curriculum.
– Collaborate with teaching staff and professionals to ensure the effective implementation of support strategies.
– Assist in the development and delivery of individualized education plans.
– Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
– Monitor and assess student progress, providing feedback to teachers and parents.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Patience, empathy, and understanding towards students with special educational needs.
– Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students.
– Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
If you are dedicated, passionate, and have the necessary experience, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.