Zest Education, a leading education recruitment agency, is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated SEND Teaching Assistant to join a wonderful school in Moor Green, starting immediately. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are experienced in working with students with Autism and Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will provide invaluable 1:1 support to students, helping them to overcome challenges and reach their full potential. In this role, you will work closely with the school’s SENCO, teachers, and other support staff to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of Autism and SEMH, as well as experience in managing challenging behaviour. You should have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build strong relationships with students, parents, and colleagues. Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for making a positive impact in the lives of young people are also essential qualities for this role.
– Provide 1:1 support to students with Autism and SEMH needs
– Assist in the implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCPs)
– Promote positive behaviour management strategies and de-escalation techniques
– Collaborate with teachers and support staff to create tailored learning experiences
– Monitor and track students’ progress, providing feedback to the SENCO and other relevant parties
– Foster a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students
– Minimum of 1 year experience as a Teaching Assistant or in a similar role
– Relevant qualifications in Education, Special Educational Needs, or a related field
– Knowledge and understanding of Autism and SEMH
– Strong behaviour management skills and the ability to handle challenging situations
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– A positive and patient approach to working with children
If you are a dedicated individual with a passion for supporting students with additional needs, then we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a wonderful school in Moor Green, where you can make a real difference in the lives of young people.
To apply, please visit our website at www.zesteducation.co.uk and submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role. We look forward to receiving your application.
Zest Education is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at Anthony@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.