Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity to gain more confidence and experience in the classroom? Are you passionate about making a positive impact on children’s academic achievement? If this sounds like you, then keep on reading!
Zest Education are currently recruiting a full-time Teaching Assistant to join a Year 1 class at a school based in Sutton Coldfield. You will be required to work Monday to Friday, 8:30am till 3:30pm. This role can start straight after the February half-term. It is a fantastic opportunity to build a relationship with an amazing school!
Tis school prides itself in ensuring they inspire all their students to achieve and believe in themselves. They provide an environment that makes their students happy and confident. As a Year 1 Teaching Assistant, you must motivate and inspire the children to engage in the lessons and with each other. You must support the class teacher in delivering and exciting curriculum and innovative activities.
As a Year 1 Teaching Assistant you will be required to:
- Support the classroom teacher and prepare resources for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, data protection and behaviour management/pupil conduct.
- Develop solid relationships with students, teachers, and parents to provide feedback on the development and accomplishment of the students.
- Motivate students to participate in activities and engage with the class as well as promoting their independence.
You will need to have:
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong communication skills.
- A good understanding of the national curriculum and child development.
- A genuine passion for having a positive impact on children’s education as well as continuing your personal and professional development.
- Relevant experience in an educational setting around children.
- An enhanced DBS or the desire to obtain one.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and within a coordinated team.
Zest Education offers opportunities for career growth alongside competitive pay and a personal, professional service!
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.