Are you looking for an immediate start in a rewarding role as a Classroom Support Assistant? We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual to join our team at a special educational needs school located in Stoke-on-Trent.
As a Classroom Support Assistant, you will be working Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. This is a long-term position that will continue for the remainder of the academic year. Your role will involve providing crucial support to students aged 4 to 18 with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH).
– Provide 1:1 support and work in small groups with the students, ensuring their individual needs are met.
– Implement effective behaviour management strategies to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
– Support students who may display challenging behaviour, requiring exceptional behaviour management skills.
– Collaborate with the teaching staff to create meaningful and engaging lessons.
– Contribute to the students’ personal, social, and emotional development.
– Foster a safe and nurturing classroom environment, helping students reach their full potential.
– Previous experience supporting individuals with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) or in a similar environment is essential.
– Strong behaviour management skills, particularly when dealing with challenging behaviour.
– A genuine passion for supporting students with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties.
– Flexibility, adaptability, and patience to meet the diverse needs of the students.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
About the School:
At this school, they believe in empowering young minds and nurturing futures. The mission is to ensure that every student reaches their full potential. They provide a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students can thrive. As a Classroom Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in helping us achieve this mission.
If you are a compassionate and dedicated individual who is passionate about making a positive impact on students’ lives, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.