Zest Education is currently seeking a design and technology teacher for a secondary school located in the Telford area. The position will commence in February 2024 and last for one half term. The school offers a part-time opportunity, with the flexibility of either 0.6 or 0.8 full-time equivalent, as determined by the school.
Situated conveniently in Telford, the school boasts excellent transportation links, making it easily accessible via public services or private vehicles. Onsite parking facilities are also available. In its last Ofsted inspection, the school was rated as ‘Outstanding,’ a testament to its commitment to nurturing students toward a bright and successful future. The school consistently maintains high standards of achievement and attainment.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess experience in leading design and technology classes, along with exceptional classroom and behaviour management skills, considering the practical nature of some classes that may require additional supervision.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for the position:
– Hold a PGCE or an equivalent teaching qualification in the UK, granting them Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
– Demonstrate a strong passion for the subject of Design & Technology and possess excellent subject knowledge across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 (Resistant Material knowledge would be advantageous).
– Exhibit a team-oriented mindset and a desire to contribute to a cohesive team environment.
– Show proficiency in planning, marking, and delivering high-quality lessons (planning and marking only required for short/long term placements).
– Display strong classroom and behaviour management skills.
If you are interested in this position or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com or click ‘apply for job’ at the top of this page to submit your details.
Zest Education is an REC audited agency committed to safeguarding children. All candidates must possess an enhanced DBS (or be willing to allow us to process one on their behalf) and be registered with the DBS Update Service. Additionally, candidates must be able to provide references covering the past two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks before being cleared for work.
The salary for this role is dependent on experience, training, and qualifications. The minimum requirements for this position include Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience, specifically teaching within a school that follows the British Curriculum.
Please note that this position is for temporary supply work.
Stay updated with our latest job openings and positions by following us on our social media platforms:
Zest Education – the perfect blend of personalized consultancy and extensive agency expertise.