Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young learners? Are you experienced in providing support in key stage 1 and helping pupils excel in their core subjects? If so, Zest Education has an exciting opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our team at a popular two form entry school in Erdington. This full-time position will commence in February 2024, offering a wonderful chance for you to grow your career in education.
The school is a sought-after school in the local area and is part of a diverse community. The school has a high number of a EAL pupils making the school a vibrant and exciting place to be.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will work closely with pupils in key stage 1 who require additional support in the core subjects. Your role will involve providing one-on-one support, delivering small group interventions, and adapting teaching materials to meet individual learning needs.
– Provide support to pupils in key stage 1 who require additional assistance in the core subjects
– Collaborate with the class teacher to develop and implement individualized learning plans
– Deliver tailored interventions to small groups of pupils
– Adapt teaching materials and resources to accommodate diverse learning needs
– Monitor and track pupil progress, providing feedback to the class teacher
– Previous experience working as a Learning Support Assistant or in a similar role
– Strong knowledge of the key stage 1 curriculum and core subjects
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Patience and empathy when working with pupils who require additional support
– Ability to adapt teaching approaches to cater to individual learning needs
– Relevant qualifications in education or a related field (desired)
The pay for this role will start from £75 a day depending on references and experience of the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Faye at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.