Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Learning Support Assistant to join a special educational needs school located in Tamworth. This is a full-time position that is available to start as soon as possible and will continue on a long-term basis for the remainder of the academic year.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting students aged 5-18 with Autism (ASC) and social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). It is essential that you have prior experience working with children or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Located in the beautiful town of Tamworth, Staffordshire, this SEND school provides a nurturing and inclusive learning environment within a stunning period property. The atmosphere of the school enhances opportunities that are conducive to learning, enabling the students to thrive.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will have the responsibility of ensuring a safe and inclusive learning environment, promoting independence, equality, diversity, and respect. Your role will involve supporting teachers and other classroom staff in delivering outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our students.
– Provide one-to-one support to students with special educational needs and disabilities
– Assist in the implementation of individual education plans and behaviour management strategies
– Support students in accessing the curriculum and developing their skills
– Promote a positive and inclusive learning environment that fosters independence and self-confidence
– Collaborate with teachers and other staff members to deliver high-quality teaching and learning experiences
– Monitor and record student progress, providing feedback to teachers and parents
– Previous experience working with children or adults with SEND is essential
– Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team
– Patience, empathy, and understanding towards students with special educational needs
– Flexibility and adaptability to meet the individual needs of students
– A genuine passion for making a positive difference in the lives of students with SEND
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to our team at Zest Education.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at steph@zesteducation,co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.