Are you currently looking for a new job opportunity in the special educational needs sector? Zest is currently recruiting for a full-time SEND Teaching Assistant to start on long-term cover until the end of the academic year on behalf of a school based in Northeast Coventry. The role will be starting as soon as possible for the correct candidate.
The school caters for students 4yo -11yo with a broad spectrum of special educational needs ranging from moderate learning difficulties (MLD) to severe learning difficulties (SLD). The ideal SEND Teaching Assistant will have experience in a similar environment previously and look to be a positive role model to the students.
Responsibilities of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Supporting class teacher with implementing lesson plans
- Supervising and assisting 1:1, 1:2 and small group activities, ensuring that students are comfortable whilst learning
- Supporting student engagement and participation during class activities
- Monitoring and recording student progress to feedback to the class teacher
Requirements of the the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- A genuine passion for aiding and assisting with the learning of students with MLD and SLD
- Ability to work collaboratively and pass on ideas and findings to the class teacher
- The individual must be able to adapt when required and understand that all students have different educational needs
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.