Are you an experienced Biology Teacher teacher passionate about shaping young minds? Zest Education is seeking a dedicated Teacher of Biology to join a secondary school in the Solihull area. This full-time role offers the chance to make a meaningful impact within a supportive and enriching OFSTED rated ‘Good’ Secondary School environment.
Position: Teacher of Maths Location: Solihull area Contract: Full-time, April 2024 start until end of academic year (with potential extension)
Role Overview: As a Teacher of Biology, you’ll play a pivotal role in delivering high-quality education to students in Key Stages 3 and 4. You’ll be responsible for planning, marking, and delivering engaging lessons that cater to diverse learning needs, while fostering a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver dynamic Biology lessons tailored to KS3 and KS4 students.
- Create interactive learning experiences that cater to individual student needs within a diverse classroom setting.
- Assess student progress and provide constructive feedback to support their learning journey.
- Maintain accurate records of student achievements and areas for improvement through timely marking and evaluation of their work.
- Collaborate with colleagues to contribute to curriculum development and departmental improvement initiatives.
- Attend school meetings, training sessions, and parents’ evenings as necessary.
- Foster a supportive and positive learning environment conducive to students’ academic and personal growth.
- Adhere to school policies and procedures, promoting a culture of respect, inclusivity, and equality.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Proven experience teaching Biology at KS3 and KS4 levels.
- Demonstrated strong subject knowledge and a genuine passion for Maths.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and motivate students effectively.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the diverse learning needs of students.
- Organised and efficient in lesson planning and delivery.
- Familiarity with the National Curriculum and assessment frameworks.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and staying abreast of the latest educational practices.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lotty at Charlotter@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.