Zest Education are seeking an experienced Teacher of Psychology to join a secondary school in the Rubery area of Birmingham. This is a full-time position and the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering Psychology lessons to KS4 and KS5 students. The role is due to commence in April 2024 and will run until the end of the academic year.
– Delivering high-quality Psychology lessons to students across KS4 and KS5.
– Creating engaging and interactive lesson plans that cater to diverse learning styles.
– Marking and providing constructive feedback on student work to support their progress.
– Developing and implementing effective teaching strategies to facilitate students’ understanding and application of psychological concepts.
– Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency across the department and support students’ progression.
– Keeping up-to-date with developments in the field of Psychology and incorporating them into teaching practices.
– Attending staff meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school events as required.
– A qualified and experienced Psychology teacher with a relevant degree and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
– Proven experience teaching Psychology up to KS5.
– Strong subject knowledge and ability to teach a wide range of psychological theories and concepts.
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
– Ability to engage and motivate students, fostering a positive learning environment.
– Strong organisational skills and ability to manage workload effectively.
– Enthusiasm for the subject and willingness to stay updated with the latest research and developments in the field.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.