Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to join a wonderful school in Bilston. This role is full-time and will commence as soon as possible.
As an SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be working with children between the ages of 4-11 who have Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC). Therefore, previous experience working with ASC students is essential for this position.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide support and assistance to students with ASC, helping them to access the curriculum and achieve their full potential. You will work closely with the class teacher and the SENCO to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for working with children with ASC and a strong understanding of their unique needs and challenges. You should be patient, empathetic, and able to adapt your approach to meet the individual requirements of each student.
At our school, we pride ourselves on fostering a great team atmosphere, where everyone is valued and supported. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a dedicated team of educators and professionals, sharing ideas and strategies to enhance the learning experience for students with ASC.
– Providing one-to-one support to students with ASC, both inside and outside the classroom.
– Assisting with the planning and delivery of lessons, ensuring they are tailored to meet the individual needs of each student.
– Building positive relationships with students, promoting their social and emotional development.
– Collaborating with other members of the school team, including the SENCO, to create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students.
– Monitoring and recording the progress of students, providing regular feedback to the class teacher and parents/carers.
– Previous experience working with students with ASC is essential.
– A relevant qualification in Special Education or a related field is desirable.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude.
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
We appreciate all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.