Position: SEND Teaching Assistant
Contract Type: Full-time
Start Date: March
Age Group: 4-19 years
Location: Newbridge, Wolverhampton
Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to join a team at a lovely school in Newbridge, Wolverhampton. This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students with social, emotional, and mental health needs.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for providing one-on-one support to students with SEMH needs, helping them to overcome challenges and achieve their full potential. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for working with children and a strong desire to make a difference in their lives.
The school is known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere, despite some challenging behaviour. It offers a supportive and collaborative working environment where staff members are valued and encouraged to continuously grow and develop.
– Support students with SEMH needs in their academic and personal development
– Create and implement individualized learning plans and behaviour management strategies
– Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment
– Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to ensure effective support for students
– Previous experience working with children or young people with SEMH needs
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Patience, empathy, and a calm demeanour
– Knowledge of relevant safeguarding procedures
– Relevant qualifications in education or child development are desirable but not essential
If you are a dedicated and compassionate individual looking to make a real difference in the lives of students with SEMH needs, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Anthony at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.