A popular primary school in Northfield are recruiting for two full time classroom assistants to work in their KS1 and KS2 Resource Base, to start in September 2022.
This mainstream primary school is well located, with excellent train and public transport links and has a strong reputation for maintaining an inclusive and supportive learning environment. The school puts the children at the forefront of their focus and aims to ensure all children grow into inquisitive and respectful individuals.
The role will be working as a teaching assistant with a maximum of 12 pupils to support core subjects/areas involving reading, writing and maths. You will be required to assist with general class duties also and assist in preparing resources and setting the classroom for the relevant lessons.
What the role will involve:
- Working with groups of up to 12 children to support their individual learning plans
- Supporting core areas such as reading, writing, and maths
- Assisting children in developing social skills
- Working on a 1-1 basis to support individual requirements
- Helping children to focus on a personalised curriculum, including phonics, group interaction, and numeracy
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Be proficient in literacy and numeracy
- Have a good work ethic
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the National Curriculum
- Be pro-active and able to think outside of the box
- Be a fun, creative and approachable individual
The role will be for the full academic year (full time) and could turn permanent for the right candidate. The school encourages applicants with recent and relevant experience and ideally will be NVQ level 2 qualified (or above) in a relevant subject.
If you are interested in this temporary position or want to find out more, call Charlie or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
*Website* : https://www.zesteducation.co.uk/
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.