Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young students?
Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate 2:1 Teaching Assistant for a primary school we work closely with in Tamworth. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support two class 2 students with their learning, providing them with the necessary guidance and individual attention they need to thrive academically. The full time role is to start in January 2024 until the end of the academic year, with the possibility to extend for the ideal candidate.
– Work closely with the class teacher to develop personalised learning plans for the two students.
– Provide two-on-one support and assistance to the students during classroom activities and lessons.
– Create a positive and inclusive learning environment where students feel safe and motivated to learn.
– Implement strategies and interventions to support the students’ specific learning needs.
– Collaborate with the school’s SENCO and other professionals to ensure the students’ progress is monitored and appropriate interventions are in place.
– Relevant experience working as a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant in a primary school setting.
– Knowledge of the national curriculum and understanding of the challenges faced by primary school students.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students, parents, and colleagues.
– Patience, empathy, and the ability to adapt teaching methods to meet the individual needs of the students.
– A genuine passion for education and a commitment to helping students reach their full potential.
– Minimum of a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification (or equivalent).
– Additional qualifications related to supporting students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) are desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and a supportive working environment where you will be part of a dedicated team of professionals who are committed to ensuring the best possible education for all students.
If you are a motivated and caring individual with a passion for supporting students’ learning, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Jo at Joanne@zesteducation.co.uk or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.