Learning Support Assistant, Stoke-on-Trent
Are you passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of students with Autism and associated learning needs? Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join a special educational needs school in Stoke-on-Trent. This is a full-time position, starting as soon as possible and will continue on a long-term basis.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting and motivating small class groups of students aged 3-18. The school provides a nurturing environment where students can thrive academically and socially. Your flexible and adaptable nature will be essential as you work with pupils who have complex profound needs, autism, additional sensory processing needs, and challenging behaviours.
– Support and assist students with their learning and social development
– Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment
– Collaborate with teachers and other support staff to implement individualized education plans
– Provide one-on-one support to students who require extra assistance
– Help students develop their independence and life skills
– Ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times
– Previous experience working with students with Autism and associated learning needs is desirable
– Emotional resilience and physical stamina to handle the challenges of the role
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong organizational and time management abilities
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team
– Commitment to the school’s values and ethos
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
If you have a genuine passion for supporting students with special educational needs and want to make a real difference in their lives, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application to Zest Education. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Join our dedicated team and contribute to the growth and development of our students. Together, we can make a positive impact in their educational journey.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.