Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with Moderate Learning Difficulties? Zest Education is currently recruiting for a full-time experienced and dedicated SEND Teacher on behalf of a school in North Leicester for long-term cover. The role will be starting at the end of February 2024. The ideal individual must have previous experience in a SEND teaching role.
The school you will be working in provides exceptional education and support for students aged 11yo to 19yo with Moderate Learning Difficulties, providing a supportive and inclusive environment. This SEND Teacher role will be perfect for an individual who is prepared to go above and beyond to educate their students.
Responsibilities of the SEND Teacher role include:
- Utilising your expertise in special educational needs to plan, deliver and assess lessons catered to the individual needs of the students
- You will assess, record, and report on attendance, progress and development – ensuring accurate and detailed records are maintained
- Consistently demonstrating positive attitudes, values and acting as positive role model to the students
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes student engagement, progress, and independence
- Setting high standards and expectations that inspire, motivate, and challenge the students
Requirements of the SEND Teacher role include:
- Must be a qualified teacher with either Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and relevant teaching experience
- Previous experience teaching students with MLD and references of your time doing so
- Specialisation or additional training in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) with a Strong understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and legislation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with colleagues, parents, and external agencies
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.