Do you thrive in a nurturing and inclusive SEND educational environment? Zest Education is currently recruiting for an experienced full-time SEND Teaching Assistant in a school East of the Leicester City Centre on a long-term temporary basis. This role is available as soon as possible for the right individual.
This school caters for students between the ages of 4yo – 19yo with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) to Profound Learning Difficulties (PLMD). As the SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to support the students’ learning in their educational journey, providing personal care and assistance to students, and prompting their overall development.
Responsibilities of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- Assisting the class teacher with lesson planning and classroom set-up
- Maintaining and tracking students’ educational progress, keeping accurate records
- Monitoring and students’ behaviour, reporting information to class teacher and assisting in interventions when necessary
- Creating a safe and inclusive environment that encourages student engagement and participation
- Building trust and rapport with students, leading to a positive relationship with them
Requirements of the SEND Teaching Assistant role include:
- A patient and empathetic approach to build rapport with students
- Good understanding of the needs and challenges faced by students with complex needs
- A positive and proactive attitude towards learning and professional development
- The ability to adapt and be flexible to meet each individual’s needs
- A strong communicator with good interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.