Zest Education are seeking a Teacher of Design and Technology, with a specialism in Textiles, to join a secondary school in the Solihull area. This role will require you to plan and deliver practical lessons, as well as marking student work. This is a full time role due to commence in April 2024. The role is expected to run until the end of the academic year.
– Plan engaging and practical lessons in line with the Design and Technology curriculum, focusing on the textiles specialism.
– Deliver lessons effectively, ensuring that students are actively involved in all practical work.
– Mark and provide feedback on student work, ensuring that progress is tracked and communicated effectively.
– Uphold health and safety standards at all times, ensuring that students are aware of and adhere to safety regulations.
– Maintain a safe and organised classroom environment, with appropriate equipment and materials for practical activities.
– Collaborate with colleagues to develop and share resources, ideas, and best practices.
– Participate in staff meetings, professional development opportunities, and school events as required.
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and experience teaching Design and Technology, with a specific focus on textiles.
– Excellent knowledge of the Design and Technology curriculum, particularly in relation to textiles.
– Strong understanding of health and safety regulations within the classroom, with the ability to ensure compliance at all times.
– Organisational skills to effectively plan and deliver practical lessons, as well as manage student work and assessments.
– Effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage with students, colleagues, and parents.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a team, sharing ideas and resources to enhance teaching and learning.
– Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students and respond to changing circumstances.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.