Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young learners? Zest Education is currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join the team at a challenging school in Handsworth. This full-time position will involve working with year 2 students on a long-term basis, starting from April 2024 until the end of the academic year.
As a teaching assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the classroom teacher and ensuring a positive learning environment. You will work closely with students, providing individualized guidance and assistance to help them thrive academically and socially. Your responsibilities will include assisting with small group activities and providing feedback to the students.
The school are looking for someone who is patient, compassionate, and has a genuine passion for education. Experience working with young children, particularly in a school setting, is required to be successful in this role. Having excellent communication and organizational skills are essential for this role.
The successful candidates pay will range from £75 to £85, depending on experience and qualifications. In addition, you will have access to ongoing professional development opportunities and a supportive team environment.
– Collaborate with the classroom teacher deliver engaging lessons
– Support students’ academic progress through one-on-one assistance and small group activities
– Assist with classroom management to ensure a positive and inclusive learning environment
– Help students develop essential skills such as reading, writing, and numeracy
– Foster positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
– Contribute to the overall school community and participate in extracurricular activities
– Previous experience working as a teaching assistant or in a similar role
– A genuine passion for education
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Patience, empathy, and the ability to work effectively with diverse learners
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Faye at firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.