Zest Education are seeking an experienced Teacher of Chemistry to join a secondary school in the Bournville area. The successful candidate will have experience teaching up to KS5, and will be required to plan and mark both practical and theory based lessons. This is a full time role due to commence in April 2024, and will run until the end of the academic year.
– Plan and deliver high-quality Chemistry lessons for students up to KS5
– Mark and provide constructive feedback on student work
– Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance
– Collaborate with colleagues to develop curriculum and resources
– Attend meetings and training sessions as required by the school
– Establish a positive and supportive classroom environment
– Uphold the school’s policies and procedures
– Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
– Ability to teach Chemistry up to KS5
– Strong subject knowledge and passion for Chemistry
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to plan and deliver engaging lessons
– Experience with curriculum planning and assessment
– Flexibility to adapt teaching methods to meet the needs of different student abilities
– Willingness to contribute to the wider school community
– Commitment to ongoing professional development
The school is part of a Multi-Academy Trust and located in the Bournville area of Birmingham. They provide a fantastic learning environment for students, with a supportive staff team and a strong commitment to educational excellence. They offer a wide range of extracurricular activities and opportunities for students to develop their skills and interests. The school values the importance of collaboration and professional growth, and therefore provides regular training and development opportunities for its staff.
If you are interested in this position or want to find out more, email Lucy at email@example.com or ‘apply for job’ at the top of the page to submit your details.
Zest Education are an REC audited agency and are dedicated to safeguarding children. All candidates must hold an enhanced DBS (or allow us to process one for you) and be registered to the DBS Update Service, be able to provide references to cover the last two years and successfully pass all other necessary safeguarding checks prior to clearance for work.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years within a school that teaches the British Curriculum) and/or care-based experience within the last 5 years.
The role advertised is for temporary supply work.
We receive new jobs and positions on a daily basis so keep up to date with us on our social media pages too:
Zest Education – small consultancy friendliness with big agency experience.